Wednesday 2 May 2018

Part1 Haley (Shurun) Zhang Desire for luxury brands

In my opinion, the American Dream is that we often desire for the expensive products of luxury brand to show our wealth and social status, which also can satisfy people’s vanity through the advertisement of Gucci.

We often feel happy when other people admire your expensive products with luxury brands because it is an approval of our taste and wealth. For example, when I choose lipstick, I prefer those famous brands’ lipstick, such as Armani, Givenchy, and Tom Ford, because it is worthy to flaunt when I faced my friends to use them. However, I also admire those people who can purchase more expensive lipstick, like CL lipstick (about $90), which is the most expensive lipstick in the world, so if I get one CL lipstick, I will be happier.

In addition, these luxury brands target the wealthy people because the luxury brand’s products are a symbol of our social status. For instance, before I purchase cosmetics, I will consider the makeup blogger’s recommendations as a reference. However, sometimes they will recommend the cosmetic that those superstars used because the superstars often use the expensive cosmetics to show their status because they need the public attention, which also can show that the blogger is wealthy. So the luxury brands are often regarded the high social status and wealthy people as target groups.


To sum up, the American Dream is about that the products of luxury brands can stand for our living standards which are high level and exquisite, so we aspire to get more expensive products to show our wealth and social status.

No comments:

Post a Comment