Thursday 3 May 2018

Part 1 Rheal

American Dream is represented to create a unified world, more correctly, to realize the hegemonism. It is full of aggression and it shows people’s infinite desire for power. Everyone has a desire. How big a desire depends on how powerful you are. This American Dream is quite bloody and cruel.

I get this idea from a movie named Avenger:Infinity War. It shows a super villain called Thanos wants to build a unified universe. He is very aggressive that he wants to control the whole world, the whole space. But in fact, it cannot be achieved. As there so many supper hero who will prevent him to dominate the whole world.
                       Thanos sits on the throne which symbolizes the highest power
 Moreover, when Thanos wants to get a stone which carry a kind of supper power, a wizard says
“Only you give up your favorite, you can get it.” Then Thanos chooses to sacrifice his daughter to exchange the powerful stone. However, I think this condition could never be reached, because for a man who has a strong desire for power, everything except power cannot be his favorite. Giving up his favorite means giving up his power, thus he could never get the power. Like me, when I as a junior school student, I strongly hoped that I could be a monitor in the class cause at that time, I thought I could command my classmates if were a monitor. But when I actually became a monitor, I realized that monitor was not a tool for exercising power. When I forced my classmates as a monitor, I would loss the friendship between them.

This reflects that the no one can make this American Dream come true. It is just in an idealistic way which only exists in a person’s or a group of people’s minds, but it never can be exposed in public.

In sum, i think Hegemonism is a big lie, as when a man who stands the summit of power is the enemy of the whole world including himself. He cannot control the world, only the loneliness is often accompanied with him.


No comments:

Post a Comment